Two strong Finnish HVAC companies combine their forces
The acquisition of Chiller Group by Koja Group will be finalised on 31 May 2019. By combining our technological competence, we can serve our customers better than before.
Following the business transaction, Chiller Group will continue as Koja Group's independent subsidiary. All employment relationships will continue unchanged. Pekka Salmi will continue as the managing director of Chiller Oy.
Shareholders Börje Mattsson and Heikki Lahdenperä, who have made their life's work at Chiller, have been looking for the perfect partner for long-term development and international growth.
– International Koja is the best possible owner for Chiller, as the values of the two family-owned companies and their strong product and service range complement one another. We are looking for growth in the same market areas, Salmi says.
The family Aalto, which owns the over 80-year-old Koja, is committed to maintain the ownership within the family for the next 100 years. During the past few years, they have invested EUR 30 million in production and in an R&D unit in Finland.
– Chiller lays a strong new foundation for the group. We are looking for international growth through our combined expertise in cooling and ventilation, says Jorma Aalto, chairman of the Board of Directors of Koja Oy.
Demand for cooling, and its significance, are growing globally. Chiller has first-rate competence in cooling, and its expertise in comprehensive solutions for Nordic conditions is one of its core competencies.
The eco-friendly and energy-efficient world-class innovations and systems of Chiller and Koja are international export products that help to build cleaner conditions and reduce the carbon footprint.
The parties will not disclose the purchase price.
Chiller Group on 31 December 2018
- Turnover: EUR 22 million
- Number of personnel: 84 (Finland, Sweden, Norway)
- Business operations: modular cooling, heating and energy solutions
Koja Group on 31 December 2018
- Turnover: EUR 73 million
- Number of personnel: 321 (Finland, Sweden, USA, Russia)
- Business operations: air handling solutions for buildings and ships, process fans for industries, building engineering solutions
More information about the business acquisition:
Chiller Oy: Pekka Salmi, managing director, pekka.salmi(at)chiller.fi, tel. +358 40 588 9665
Koja Oy: Matti Sippola, managing director, matti.sippola(at)koja.fi, tel. +358 40 715 2829
Read the original news here.